What I liked:
- It kept my interest. I finished it in two days.
- The split point of view between Dune and Hallie. The back-and-forth works great, and sparks flew in the romance. The two POVs didn’t differ a whole lot in voice, but I found the male voice adequately masculine and believable as a boy.
- The New Orleans setting is vivid. I got the feeling like I was vacationing there.
- The ending is adorable.
- Dune’s powers rarely show themselves, but his powerful backstory makes up for this.
- The romance might have overshadowed the sci-fi/fantasy elements of the plot at points, but I didn’t mind.
All in all: 5 stars.