Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Infinityglass by Myra McEntire

https://www.amazon.com/Infinityglass-Hourglass-Novel-Myra-McEntire/dp/1606844415

What I liked:
  • It kept my interest. I finished it in two days.
  • The split point of view between Dune and Hallie. The back-and-forth works great, and sparks flew in the romance. The two POVs didn’t differ a whole lot in voice, but I found the male voice adequately masculine and believable as a boy.
  • The New Orleans setting is vivid. I got the feeling like I was vacationing there.
  • The ending is adorable.
What I didn’t like:
  • Dune’s powers rarely show themselves, but his powerful backstory makes up for this.
  • The romance might have overshadowed the sci-fi/fantasy elements of the plot at points, but I didn’t mind.

All in all: 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment